Park City, not Wilson WY.
On deck, Cedric reading Foglost, Kate typing at laptop. Table between them.
CEDRIC: Do we know whether Hunter drinks or drank?
Kate looks up, smiling.
KATE: Cedric. Your first do we know.
He winks.
CEDRIC: Like crossing a threshold.
KATE: Yes, actually.
They squeeze hands.
CEDRIC: And another when I use it on John and Jan.
KATE: That will be greatly appreciated. We do know that Hunter did drink, a significant factor in the divorce. We know that he no longer does, other than an occasional glass of wine or beer, per Barb at Thanksgiving. He looked great at John’s birthday. I think he has a home gym. And I’m just now remembering Chloe is there for the rest of her summer. I think she gets there today.
CEDRIC: Will I meet him?
KATE: Well, at her graduation, if not her birthday. Why the question about the drinking unless it gives away too much.
CEDRIC: No, since you already Duane is an alcoholic.
KATE: Right.
CEDRIC: It’s the nuance, I guess. Certainly familiarity with the dynamics of a spiral. Anyway.
KATE: Apparently it’s going to be a movie.
CEDRIC: Really?
KATE: That’s the rumor until some solidifying of details is taken care of. Stay tuned.
CEDRIC: I will.
JOHN’S THWACK “Fooooore” RINGTONE. Cedric smiles, Kate picks up.
No comments:
Post a Comment