Monday, July 6, 2026

Pinus Ponderosa finalish bookmark

EXT. PINE FOREST - DAY

Tom, Chloe and Hunter walk amongst the trees some distance from Sess, Claire and Jack prepping meal at picnic table. Horses hitched to rudimentary post. 

SONG OF MOUNTAIN CHICKADEE.

TOM: Either y'all happen to know why they're called Ponderosa pines?

CHLOE: Pinus ponderosa. Ponderous, or heavy, basically. But I have a feeling you know that.

TOM: Well it rings a bell but my memory ain't what it used to be. You speak any other languages besides English and Latin. 

CHLOE: I'm going into fourth year Spanish and I do not speak Latin other than the few phrases I remember.

TOM: You must remember a few more than a few in Spanish with that much under your belt. 

CHLOE: A little. How about you?

TOM (IN SPANISH): Enough to get in trouble.

CHLOE (IN SPANISH): Has speaking Spanish ever got you in trouble?

TOM: (SPANISH) It has, and then got me out of it. 

CHLOE (SPANISH): When do we get to hear that story, if it's one you can share?

TOM (SPANISH): I can. Maybe on the way home?

Chloe nods.

HUNTER (SPANISH): Translacion, por favor.

CHLOE: Traducción. Tom speaks enough Spanish to get in and then out of trouble and has a story about it he's going to share on the way home.

HUNTER: Bueno.  

TOM: How about you, Hunter. 

HUNTER: High school French my first two years.   

TOM: Any particular reason?

HUNTER: Yes. Charlotte Charbonneau.

TOM: A story you'd be willing to share?

We see Jackie raise and RING A TRIANGLE DINNER BELL.

HUNTER: Saved by the bell.

Chloe inquires re Tom's buckle, re rodeo buckles in a shoebox at Ruth’s.


PICNIC TABLE

Jackie, Sess, Claire re Tom's relationship to Hunter.

No comments:

Post a Comment